Adding Your Chat Room
We are prepared to add any room where a convincing case is made, regardless of the amount of chatters, provided you comply with criteria and guidelines below.
The simplest way to make sure your (existing) IRC chat room is listed on Chat27 is to have a chat room on a South African network already listed on Chat27, Atrum being preferred as the required software already installed and configured on their servers.
If you’re adding a chat room on a network NOT listed already, some crucial setup needs to be done first (KiwiIRC and WebIRC Pass). Contact us below to get the IP and password required for these setups. An SSL connection on port 6697 is also preferred, but not essential.
Then follow the steps below:
A general guideline to chat rooms that want to be added:
- Room name has to be unique (not similar to a room listed on chat27 already – two rooms with the same name will just confuse chatters)
- It has to be an active room with at least a few people chatting in it, otherwise, what’s the point?
- A link to www.chat27.co.za from your website. This is to establish that the website given is associated with the chat room – we’ve had problems in the past with chat rooms giving a website as their own and then receiving a threatening letter to the contrary from the actual website owner. This can be a normal text link, or you’re welcome to click here to download some nice graphics.
- Chat Rooms that use auto-join functionality will not be added, ie when you join a chat room it automatically ads you to other chat rooms as well. If people wanted to join the other chat rooms, they would have done so in the first place.
- If your user volume dips drastically for an extended period (2-3 weeks) the room may be removed from the list without notification.
- No chat room where you have to “register a nickname to enter” will be added
As this is a free website maintained by one (very busy) person, please allow 7 – 28 days before chat rooms are added to ensure a cooling off period. Quite often room additions are requested, and then cancelled after all the work has been done. Inclusion is not guaranteed.
So your chat room complies with the above? We’ll need:
- A friendly introduction, it’s only good manners 😉
- The Room Name
- The Server/Network it’s hosted on
- A short description of each room you want added – you’ll see all our chat rooms have one.
- Your official website address for each room. A facebook, WordPress or Blogger page will do.
- The email address for people to report abuse in your chat room/s.
- The location of the chat27 link on your website.
- Like our Facebook Page to stay updated.