Chat Commands, Tips & Tricks
Ok, so here are things you can actually use. Remember (to avoid embarrassment), to substitute the text in red for your personal info when using the commands. Also remember the / when typing a command!
- /nick yournickname This changes your current nickname to whichever new one you choose
/me yourtextgoeshere Displays the text as an action, like: “/me hops” will be displays as: “Jack hops”
/clear Clears your chat window of any text it had, starting with a fresh screen
/quit yourmessage Disconnects you from a server & channel with the personal quit message displayed to everyone
- /list Lists all the chat rooms on the server you’re on.
Other useful things to know
- If you haven’t figured it out by now, click on someone’s nickname in chat panel’s nickname list list and choose “message” to send them a private message.
- This button takes you to the top of the page so you can access the menu.
- This button centers the chat panel if you ever find there’s too many scroll bars, or your on-screen keyboard left your chat panel unaligned.
- Choose a nickname as original as possible to avoid finding that “Nickname already in use” message
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you give ANY private information like your precise location or telephone numbers to someone you’ve met on here. If you’d like to stay in touch with someone you’ve met in a room, we suggest you make regular appointments to chat here. Please be careful. Click here for more chat safety tips!
- The general rule is: Respect others and they will respect you. Do not choose an offensive nickname or make a nuisance of yourself, and you’ll be fine. If someone else is giving you a hard time, there’s the “ignore” option when you right-click on his/her nickname in the list.